It’s time to finally welcome 2017 and the cliché saying “A new year, a new me”… but for real this time. Personally 2016 had a lot of ups and downs and if I had to sum it up in one word I would say it was a roller-coaster. 2017 will be (hopefully) my last year at university. This year I will finish my degree in Media, Communication and Culture and after that the world will be my oyster. But before I can start planning my future I have to tackle this year. In 2017 I want to:
1. Run my first half marathon: I’ve never been a fan of running. To me it is absolute torture. I feel like there is no end and then the horrible stich in my side… But I’m starting really slowly (If you want to know more about my running leave me comment down below)
2. Take more photo’s: I’m horrible at capturing those special moments with friends and family. This year I am determined to capture those special memories, a picture is after all worth a thousand words. I also downloaded an app that stores a 1 second video a day and at the end of the year puts it all together. I feel like this will force me to take a second out of my day to capture something special.
3. Be more organised: This year is going to be a real challenge for me. It is my last year of university, I am starting a part time job and I want to publish more on my blog. This is going to take some major planning and time management. No more watching YouTube videos for 4 hours a day!
4. Travel more: It has always been a dream of mine to go on a contiki tour around Europe. This year I am determined to save enough money to finally make this dream come true.
5. Be healthier: 2017 is the year that I will start taking care of my body. I am going to cut out the fast foods and enjoy some delicious, nutritious and healthy meals. I am young and should not take my health for granted.
I’m going to really try and stick to these new year’s resolutions. I know it won’t always be easy but I am motivated and determined to make 2017 the best year yet! Let me know in the comments down below what you want to achieve this year.